Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 05:56:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback, suggestion and bug thread  (Read 121212 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #260 on: August 29, 2013, 02:02:49 AM »

Suggestion:

An option for setting up Quick Battles and assigning different victory flag locations.

Some of the default flag locations that are assigned by the game during Quick Battles are not of tactical importance and make for some strange battles.

I would like the option to be able to decide while setting up a QB which areas of the 1x1 grid squares are to be of tactical importance for these battles.

I think this will be an excellent option in helping to tailor the type of battles you are trying to create.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #261 on: August 30, 2013, 04:59:19 AM »

Suggestion:

An option for setting up Quick Battles and assigning different victory flag locations.

Some of the default flag locations that are assigned by the game during Quick Battles are not of tactical importance and make for some strange battles.

I would like the option to be able to decide while setting up a QB which areas of the 1x1 grid squares are to be of tactical importance for these battles.

I think this will be an excellent option in helping to tailor the type of battles you are trying to create.

Totally true....seems to be completely random placement.  But not sure how you really could do this and make sense under all conditions.  Maybe best left for campaigns where the designer can place them more logically for the direction of attack. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2013, 04:25:27 AM »

Maybe best left for campaigns where the designer can place them more logically for the direction of attack. 

I would like to place them more logically for Quick Battles
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2013, 06:34:10 PM »

Bug  Huh?

Anyone else having this problem?
Mounted infantry at the beginning of a battle-

Usually when I start a battle with my infantry mounted they will dismount for no reason about a minute into the game and then it takes 5 minutes to remount them Angry

It doesn't happen always,but it happens enough to be irritating.
Especially if I have more than 1 platoon of mounted infantry and fail to notice that one of the platoons APCs have left the infantry far behind and went well ahead without them.

I think unless the infantry are being fired on they should stay mounted until ordered to do otherwise.
Leaving the APCs for no apparent reason to me seems like a bug.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2013, 07:59:34 PM »

Bug  Huh?

Anyone else having this problem?
Mounted infantry at the beginning of a battle-

Usually when I start a battle with my infantry mounted they will dismount for no reason about a minute into the game and then it takes 5 minutes to remount them Angry

It doesn't happen always,but it happens enough to be irritating.
Especially if I have more than 1 platoon of mounted infantry and fail to notice that one of the platoons APCs have left the infantry far behind and went well ahead without them.

I think unless the infantry are being fired on they should stay mounted until ordered to do otherwise.
Leaving the APCs for no apparent reason to me seems like a bug.

Have not seen that one.  BUT with no enemy contact getting my infantry to mount vehicles can take a LONG time with some never mounting at all.  Lucky for me so far MOST will mount up but some just chase after my full and empty vehicles as I get sick of waiting.  LOL 

Oh and takaovka mission....the 10 turn one... Is the victory points off for Red Army victory?   They sure seem to be to me.  ON the last 2 turns.  I have mainly kicked the teeth in of the Germans but looks like point wise will be a defeat.  SIGH.   Well I am calling it a victory whatever the points say.  LOL
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:03:04 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »

The infantry dismounting without orders or being fired on is a random occurance.
Sometimes they stay in the APCs after I start a battle sometimes they dismount shortly after the battle begins.

All I know is soon after starting a battle I have to monitor the mech platoons to make sure no one has dismounted if they do I have to spend the next 5 mins. rounding them all back up and put them back in the APCs.

I have no idea what is causing it.the only orders I give the mech platoons are move orders usually by road,but the infantry seem to think they have to dismount to do this.

And I still don' like the idea of not having seperate icons for the vehicle and the attached infantry so I can command them to do different things more easily. Angry

I very rarely use  mech platoons in QBs anymore and just use the grenadiers without APCs and mount the infantry on the tanks because I like the command and control mechanics better this way.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:43:58 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2013, 09:03:38 PM »

Oh and takaovka mission....the 10 turn one... Is the victory points off for Red Army victory?   They sure seem to be to me.  ON the last 2 turns.  I have mainly kicked the teeth in of the Germans but looks like point wise will be a defeat.  SIGH.   Well I am calling it a victory whatever the points say.  LOL

I never liked the way any of these campaigns play out.I've wiped out the 320th infantry in that campaign so the SS have nothing to link up with but still lose the campaign!

I just look at the statistics at the end of these campaigns and determine for myself whether or not I won or lost.
I've always been a little mystified by the results given by the game even though I accomplish the stated goals of the campaigns.I know casualties and VPs are factored into the overall results,but sometimes I can't figure out exactly which is more important.
Accomplish the mission or just grab territory and inflict greater casualties on the enemy. Huh?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2013, 08:44:08 PM »

And as expected AGAIN in the takanokva Khakov defense operation........  minor defeat by points.  Kicked in German teeth by my reasoning.   Grin  At end controlled the whole town having kicked out all Germans, killed everyone of their tanks... ALOT of them.  But was not able to capture all the important points (as expected) on the map.  All the important town stuff yep.  Always am 100 points short for a minor victory or draw.  Always minor defeat by the games reasoning.  Inflicted nearly 800 German KIA for around 470 of mine.  They just have SO much damned armor.   Tongue  Have to save mine for the right times and loose ALOT of infantry due to that.  The AT guns always all get wasted.  Had 1 left fully operational and 1 with no ammo.  The rest died.  Never have enough ammo for resupply from the 1 logistical platoon.  I think I use to much to resupply the 81mm mortar platoons.  The 2 air spotter you get for IL2's   Grin  SO useful at around turn 6 or so.  Get both them in a battle 6 of them flying around helps a TON.  They do not seem to kill that much but they mess up stuff pretty good.  Disrupt those last gasps of German armor and halftracks that COULD wreck everything. 

I think this mission needs 1 small static ammo point somewhere in the town IMO.  and the trucks of course as well.  It is to hard to get supply trucks into the town when its stacked full of half blown apart infantry units with no ammo. LOL

Last 2 times I had historical units turned off... I wonder if that is the problem.  I like this feature for 2nd and 3rd play as units can get swapped out by more stuff.  Mixes things up more Tongue

Now to start a new campaign and play as a German with ALL those toys of theirs.   Tongue
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:53:11 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #268 on: September 14, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »

I find with that one is you have to reinforce your infantry units with all the AT weapons allowed at the beginning of the campaign from the reserves or the Russians will slaughter them initially before you get a chance to get some momentum and link up.

I actually did pretty good as the Germans till I assaulted the town and had to deal with a butt load of flying KS bottles.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »

Problem:
1) Accuracy of artillery on a new target area depends on LOS of spotter. LOS depends on position and posture of spotter. At time t the spotter can have a clear LOS (standing) -> high accuracy of artillery on new target area. At time t + 1 seconds later he may not see the target area (laying down) -> low accuracy of artillery on the new target area
2) "Order cannot be executed" at time t (commander laying down), but t + 1 seconds later the order could have been executed (commander standing).

Suggestion:
1) If player designates a new artillery target area: Use a short time interval (for example 15 seconds) to determine the best possible LOS of spotter, before calculating accuracy of artillery.
2) If player gives on order to unit: Keep checking command value of unit for 15 seconds (for example), before conclusion "Order cannot be executed"
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2013, 12:39:30 PM »

Hi Andrey,

A small feature request, could we please have the additional option to select the formation as a "V" or Panzerkiel (panzer wedge formation) for tanks.

Thanks and kind regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Lerch
Oberleutnant

« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2013, 11:47:41 PM »

Not sure if this has been pointed out before, but it sure seems like a cheat to me:

Unspotted enemy tanks make thermal signatures!  I use this as a cheat sometimes, so I know where the enemy is moving around.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #272 on: November 12, 2013, 10:07:53 AM »

I use this as a cheat sometimes, so I know where the enemy is moving around.
Buuurrrrrrn, buuuuuuuurrrrrrnnn!!!

For Mius front:

On-map artillery

I'd like to see an update to on-map artillery indirect fire system. The current system is not comparable to off-map artillery. I expect equal treatment of both (responsiveness, zeroing, accuracy).

Also the fire of on-map artillery would be better in the form of fire missions, i.e. "fire three times" or "fire ten times" etc... The current system of continuous fire requires excessive micromanagement to prevent "failteam" situation (= consume all ammunition on one target if the fire is not cancelled by the player).

Wirelink / Wire laying

Wirelink system in its current form is mostly inadequate during attack because of constant movement, unless a high-ground fire/observation base can be established. I'd like to suggest that wirelink / cable units could be attached to subordinate commanders for continuous wirelaying (as in real life): A small cable group is separated and attached to subordinate commander, follows him and lays cable during movement. Each time commander and his cable group stop, a wire link is established (i.e. link is almost instantly ready to use for communications). When the commander and his cable group move again, the wirelink is lost (wirelink station is removed) until next stop.

In summy there would be two different kind of methods for wirelink establishment: a stationary wirelink station (as in the game now / no constant presence of cable group required) and a mobile wirelink (a constant presence of a cable group is required for continuous wire laying).

With a mobile wire link, it might be possible to develope a realistic system for artillery communications (with runners included in case wirelink is lost).
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #273 on: November 12, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »

Also the fire of on-map artillery would be better in the form of fire missions, i.e. "fire three times" or "fire ten times" etc...
What is a "times" ?
In real life, there is no times, only ammunition count to suppress purposes as in game now. 

The current system of continuous fire requires excessive micromanagement to prevent "failteam" situation (= consume all ammunition on one target if the fire is not cancelled by the player).
I am dont understand. In real life (and in the game) you can only roughly estimate what will happen in the shelling, but guarantees no one will and you can influence to the probability of hitting the target thorough of shell counts, and nothing else.

Wirelink system in its current form is mostly inadequate during attack because of constant movement, unless a high-ground fire/observation base can be established. I'd like to suggest that wirelink / cable units could be attached to subordinate commanders for continuous wirelaying (as in real life): A small cable group is separated and attached to subordinate commander, follows him and lays cable during movement. Each time commander and his cable group stop, a wire link is established (i.e. link is almost instantly ready to use for communications). When the commander and his cable group move again, the wirelink is lost (wirelink station is removed) until next stop.
Maybe there will be some progress, but not in the release.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #274 on: November 12, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »

Hi Andrey, "times" : 2 times = twice, 3 times = thrice. We call the multiplication symbol "x" times Smiley

So if a weapon fires 3 times (x3) it fires three rounds.

Regards

Aces

Edit: AFAIK you can already set the number of times a weapon fires in off-map artillery support to 3 rounds, 10 rounds? or until all ammo runs out when you call in the support.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:11:42 PM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2013, 04:43:51 PM »

Hi Andrey, "times" : 2 times = twice, 3 times = thrice. We call the multiplication symbol "x" times Smiley
I know what is "times", I dont understand how do it relate to the arty barrage issue Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »

I thought I'd explained that in my post Andrey.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »

Some clarifications about arty in Mius (and lucid future)
The artillery will be altered so that the batteries of field artillery could bombard the neighboring cells. Then it will be the right distance, the gun count as a result we can calculate right the flight time for shells, ammunition and accuracy. Its plans, but not in release - we dont have resources for models of minimal guns types that's needed.

Of course its all for operations.

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #278 on: November 12, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »

I think what he means Andrey,
is you can control the number of rounds fired by "off map" arty, 3 rounds HE/smoke, 10 rounds HE/smoke, etc
but "on map" just just keep firing until they are out of shells or you baby sit them and tell them when to stop.
What he would like is the ability to tell the "on map" arty to fire 3, 10 rounds etc.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #279 on: November 13, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »

Love the language barrier  Grin

I think what he means Andrey,
is you can control the number of rounds fired by "off map" arty, 3 rounds HE/smoke, 10 rounds HE/smoke, etc
but "on map" just just keep firing until they are out of shells or you baby sit them and tell them when to stop.
What he would like is the ability to tell the "on map" arty to fire 3, 10 rounds etc.

Exactly. IMO, "on-map" and "off-map" artillery should work in the same way.

Oh, and I also would like to see more TRP:s (Target Registration Point = artillery target area). Three points is not enough for artillery fire plan when attacking.

OR

Separate TRP:s from regular target areas:
- TRPs (three or more areas) are set during deployment phase. They cannot be moved or removed during battle. TRPs are the fire plan.
- Target areas are set "on the fly" (= new coordinates) during action phase. They are separate points/areas and do not affect/remove TRPs.

Just something to think about...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: