Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 07:12:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Jagdpanzer IV L70 (V) [Released, page1]  (Read 16013 times)
Donken
Generalmajor

« on: December 14, 2011, 11:04:56 AM »

A few teasers on what iam working on now and soon ready for release.

I did the model and texture is made by Maleschkin over at the sukhoi forum. Big thanks to him.

And finally here it is!

Jagdpanzer IV v1.1.zip

Credits:

Donken (3d model, scripting)

SHUN (scripting, adjusting)

Maleshkin (texture)

SVN (testing)

lockie (scripting, testing, gunsight, reload sound)

And all questions/ideas/suggestions goes in this thread please!

Changelog

v1.1
Added 3 LoDs
Fixed a few texture mistakes
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:24:22 AM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 12:22:09 PM »

Excellent work! Hope to see it soon.
I've an idea, will it be possible to force a barrel mounting to go down before shoot?
i.e.
gunner opens a gunsight cap and movable mounting goes down.

Provocative signature removed
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »

It is possible, the problem is i dont know a way to make the gun forced to stay in that position or make it go up automatic when barrellock is on, so in other words, you can always move the gun even if the barrel lock is on. Good idea but very unnecessary and probably not worth the gain from it Sad

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »

Oh lovely! Cheesy Good work Donken!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »

It is possible
One question - will it increase a triangles quantity? If yes, no need to do anything.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »

As it appeared, JP has a very stable gunsight. Only after ~10 hits a gunsight became broken, but after 10 hits u'd not be care about it, coz u'd be in the statistic window Cheesy

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »

What would be nice would be to release the LVI 70 model with the common res and tech_cfg files for the L48 model as well.Even though the gun would still be the KwK42 we could always pretend we have both models...
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 05:16:03 AM »

What would be nice would be to release the LVI 70 model with the common res and tech_cfg files for the L48 model as well.Even though the gun would still be the KwK42 we could always pretend we have both models...

No need to pretend  Smiley It's possible to have both, look at the long-gun and short-gun versions of the Panzer IIIJ and Panzer IVF1/F2, they share the same 3D models.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 07:56:19 AM »

And since we have already the L43 and L48 kwk40 guns used by the early variants of the Jagdpanzer IV in the game it wuld be afairly simple matter of transposing these models to the Jagdpanzer IV L70 I guess....
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 06:16:56 AM »

And since we have already the L43 and L48 kwk40 guns used by the early variants of the Jagdpanzer IV in the game it wuld be afairly simple matter of transposing these models to the Jagdpanzer IV L70 I guess....

Its further away in my plans. But its going to be made. But as a seperate model. Its to much stuff (in my opinion) that differs between middle/late L70 model and the earliest L43/L48 model. Its not that easy so its just the gun ^^ For example: Other exhaust, one more MG cupola, 4 idler wheels, other tools, and im gonna add shurtzen on that model, other roadwheels also and so on.

Anyway, Here is a few screens on the new interior i have been doing the last week:

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 12:41:02 PM »

Hi,

Great work on the interior. Just one question, isn't the gunner's rotation indicator for turreted vehicles only?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 04:41:21 PM »

Hello Donken,

Nice progress on the Jagdpanzer IV. I recently read the biography of Bruno Friesen, who served as gunner on a Jagdpanzer IV. Might be useful, perhaps. See here:
http://www.amazon.com/PANZER-GUNNER-Osfront-Regiment-Division/dp/1906033110

Cheers,

FW
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »

Kyth: ouch, i forgot to remove it before taking screenshots. You are correct, its the azimuth for turreted vehicles so no its not gonna be there, i only did it for my internal testing to find out what i can do and change in the config files Wink

FW: Nice find and book. Do you have it as a E-book or something or where i can find it? It could be interesting to read about the Jagdpanzer and maybe i get a few new ideas or inspiration etc.

Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 03:04:08 AM »

Hi Donken,

I only have a hardcover version of the book, which I purchased through amazon.com. Depending on where you live, perhaps your local library could order it as an inter-library loan? It does contain some technical information (for example, instructions on how to use the gun sight on the Jadgpanzer IV) and a lot of detail about some of the battles that the author participated in. I do not know whether Bruno Friesen is still alive, but in the 1990s, he worked as a volunteer interpreter at the Canadian Museum of Civilization (Hull/Ottawa), showing off the Jagdpanzer IV that they have in their collection. Friesen was born in Canada. His family was of German background and re-imigrated to Germany just before the outbreak of WW II. That is how he, his father and brother all ended up serving in the Wehrmacht during WW II.
Let me know what kind of information you are looking for, and I will skim through the book again. I could scan the relevant pages to pdf-format and email them to you.

Cheers,

FW

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 07:32:46 AM »

Funny!I could have sworn that Mennonites were sworn pacifists like the Amish, Quakers etc...Which got them into trouble with the Reds in Russia after 1918.Which is why a lot of them emigrated to Mexico, Paraguay, Bolivia and Canada between the wars.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 01:20:20 PM »

Hi Donken,

I only have a hardcover version of the book, which I purchased through amazon.com. Depending on where you live, perhaps your local library could order it as an inter-library loan? It does contain some technical information (for example, instructions on how to use the gun sight on the Jadgpanzer IV) and a lot of detail about some of the battles that the author participated in. I do not know whether Bruno Friesen is still alive, but in the 1990s, he worked as a volunteer interpreter at the Canadian Museum of Civilization (Hull/Ottawa), showing off the Jagdpanzer IV that they have in their collection. Friesen was born in Canada. His family was of German background and re-imigrated to Germany just before the outbreak of WW II. That is how he, his father and brother all ended up serving in the Wehrmacht during WW II.
Let me know what kind of information you are looking for, and I will skim through the book again. I could scan the relevant pages to pdf-format and email them to you.

Cheers,

FW

All of it are interesting but i dont know just now what i need more to see thant something else. But maybe some mapmaker would have a look into it if they want to make an historical battle. If there is maps, list of divisions etc etc explained in it Tongue

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »

Wonderful job well done Donken, Lockie and all the others who worked so hard on the Jadgpanzer IV, the Panzer Iv Schuertzen! Excellent models, I love the camo, everything! Masterful! I am proud of all of those of you who made this possible. Smiley
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 04:16:07 PM »

Thank you frinik, But you got this one working without problem? Wink

Friedrich-Wilhelm
Hauptmann

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 11:24:49 PM »

Hello!

Thank you, Donken, and everyone else involved for this great new addition to Steel Fury. I installed the Jadgpanzer IV as per instructions and everything seems to be working fine. For what it's worth, I added the images of this vehicle from Bruno Friesen's book Panzer Gunner for reference.

Cheers,

FW

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:30:32 PM by Friedrich-Wilhelm » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 02:22:13 AM »

Hi Donken it's woprking like a charm except for some reasons I didn't have the German markings(BalkenKreuz) which I had to unlock in the common res files.But it's great.Although the model seems to low on the ground.Already made some testing missions with it. Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: