Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 05:16:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cover provided by fences and buildings?  (Read 4315 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« on: November 30, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »

Can MG and AP rounds penetrate picket fences and light buildings to hit what is behind them in the game?  My impression is that both offer protection to infantry and armor sheltering behind them.

Bring back 3D markers!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 10:22:45 PM »

as do bushes. How exactly a bush can deflect an APCR round from a Tiger is beyond me..

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 03:49:58 AM »

Unfortunately it's the case.I shoot and destroy tanks hiding behind buildings all the time.On the other hand, HE shells will simply blow the house/building to pieces. There's a glitch in the hit boxes that allows AP shells to go through buildings like through thin air. Not sure how it can be corrected probably in the common res but you'd need to know what the values on the paragraphs satdn for before you cna make an attenmpt.

What sucks too is that twigs or bushes can deflect your shots.However it does not annoy me more than seeing a 56 tons Tiger swinging on a fallen branch or on some barbwire.The vehicles are too light, their mass is not truly refklected which is why the etzer use to buck like a mul when braking and would flip over often.In mission I have seen lots of APCs abandoned by their crews after getting stuck in some fallen tree...i
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 04:04:19 AM »

Houses are using an armor map. And the armor value are so low so that AP goes throu it (for most of the guns anyway). HE on the other hand explodes on first contact. That is how i have understood the mechanics behind this. What you can try to do is to change values on the armor map to a quite high value (or lower it for bushes etc) and see if there is a difference. You can find them here: \data\k42\loc_rus\armor_maps\objs.
When you open it you can see that for example that the house called saray0 have 55mm armor. And if you also open the object.engcfg files wich can be found here: \data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\obj_cfg\objects (or here: \data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\obj_cfg\flora for bushes/trees) you can see what armor map all objects are using.

And you also have one more parameter to take a look at:    material   =   wood;
I have no idea what difference this parameter does. Maybe the sound when you hit it? Maybe different strenghts? (you probably find info about them in the common_res) But i have never tested to change it so i have no idea. But this is atleast a good start to experiment if you can do it better somehow Cheesy

EDIT: just checked the armor map for bushes, shows that it have 77mm armor Cheesy So maybe lower it would solve some trouble, or give new ones, i dont know.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:13:44 AM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:21:48 AM »

I say we butcher them all. This is what a tree looks like after 4 .30-06 rounds from 200 yards and a Black powder gun from 50. the little pimples are .22 and .223 Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »

Whukid ; have you tried using an axe to get your fire kindle? Grin

I agree the vegetation in SF is made of steel may be we should call the game Steel Magnolias???

All right it sounds like an interesting suggesiton by Donken.I'll experiment.

Re the maerial I susepct it has to do with strenght.How do you lower amrour strength values in the armour maps?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: