Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 03:52:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Panther gun question  (Read 6177 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« on: December 20, 2011, 11:01:40 PM »

Hi Guys

I was just playing Lockies new mission I just happened to be using the outside view and I had some  single enemy soldier throw a grenade that hit the right tread. I jump back into the tank to kill him and the next thing I know is the gunsight is cracked and the gun is loaded but will not fire.

I'm getting a bit tired of almost every time I take a Panther into battle the gun sustains damage and refuses to fire. I understand if I take a hit at the gun itself or the front of the turret...that makes sense.

It seems that for some reason the panther gun is fragile or something. I recall Natalya working on something awhile back to rectify this problem but I don't recall a fix was ever put out there. Is there a way to work around this or am I just whining.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone

H
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:58:04 AM »

At this moment a gun of Panther M-10 has ~50mm thickness(in fact it should be ~20mm). As I remember, after Nataly's fix applied an armor thickness became 100mm Smiley As my point, it's too much. And I always try to keep a distance(~100m) between my tank and infantry, coz any closing contact with enemy infantry will go very quickly to the fatal consequences Smiley

Provocative signature removed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 07:50:09 PM »

There're a four screenies, which confirms that damage gun wasn't frequently happened (all of them weren't had a barrel damage). On the fourth screen u may see that KT got some shoots, but in spite of that he was still alive. He had only gunsight and partially turret damage. That’s why I had to have a look on my statistics instead of mission succeed Smiley Mostly, barrel damage happens because of the pure luck and a very dangerous action of players, imho. But I've to confess that personally, I'd like to get an adjustable parameter of the gun damage.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:13:45 PM by lockie » Logged

hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 04:31:12 AM »

Hi Lockie
 I agree that the gun does get damaged and is put out of action but it just seems that it happens way too often on the Panther. I'd like to see something along the lines of perhaps a "repairable" mode(like treads), maybe 30% to 50% of the time to simulate a jam or something that actually was able to be cleared by the loader or gunner. Anyway, just a thought.

Cheers
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 02:12:20 PM »

Hi Lockie
 I agree that the gun does get damaged and is put out of action but it just seems that it happens way too often on the Panther. I'd like to see something along the lines of perhaps a "repairable" mode(like treads), maybe 30% to 50% of the time to simulate a jam or something that actually was able to be cleared by the loader or gunner. Anyway, just a thought.

Cheers
H

Same sentiments here,

Merry Christmas,

err, I mean...

MAARRYY CHRISTMASS...

Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »

Merry Christmas To All!!!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 01:57:32 PM »

HI Hemi and all of you guys and a very Merry Christmas to all!

Hemi I had the same issue with Panther and KT.I applied Natalia's new armour_maps and the problerm is nwo scarce.Likewsie Scotty,Ithink, did a cracked gunsioght mod which you cnas easily enable and instead of having fissured optics only thr edges are cracked.You need them?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 03:14:26 PM »

HI Hemi and all of you guys and a very Merry Christmas to all!

Hemi I had the same issue with Panther and KT.I applied Natalia's new armour_maps and the problerm is nwo scarce.Likewsie Scotty,Ithink, did a cracked gunsioght mod which you cnas easily enable and instead of having fissured optics only thr edges are cracked.You need them?

HO HO HO!Frinik
I already have the cracked gunsight mod and it's great but I would really appreciate it if you could send me Natalya's gun fix.

Thanks

Cheers All!
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 03:25:17 PM »

It ain't a gun fix it's really as full armour map which happens to reduce the gun damage aggravation!Ok will email it to you!

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: