Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 10:28:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics Probs NVDIA card?  (Read 5022 times)
chilemike
Oberleutnant

« on: December 27, 2011, 12:52:03 PM »

Just dl'd and applied the patches.  When going into the game my screen starts out like in a shadow and then slowly it turns white....only way to describe it it's like a white blob eating my screen.  Tried different settings in NV control panel, have DX 9c installed  system specs :

Win 7 premium
Nvdia GTX 580 w- 270.xx drivers
Aero Desktop disabled
Running as admin
1920 x 1080 wide screen res
Use desktop res disabled in game..tried enabled also
Have IL2 1946, BOB II , & T 34 vs Tiger all running good with these drivers and set up  any help would be greatly appreciated
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 01:25:47 PM »

It´s very strange... I have a very similar configuration and Steel Fury works without problems...

You can try installing the latest drivers for you nvidia graphic card (285.58) and then, with the default driver configuration, try to run the game.

Please, post the results here. This game will work in your computer. It´s a matter of trying, and it is worth the effort !

Txema

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »

Just dl'd and applied the patches.  When going into the game my screen starts out like in a shadow and then slowly it turns white....only way to describe it it's like a white blob eating my screen.  Tried different settings in NV control panel, have DX 9c installed  system specs :

Win 7 premium
Nvdia GTX 580 w- 270.xx drivers
Aero Desktop disabled
Running as admin
1920 x 1080 wide screen res
Use desktop res disabled in game..tried enabled also
Have IL2 1946, BOB II , & T 34 vs Tiger all running good with these drivers and set up  any help would be greatly appreciated

For your screen resolution, you might want to try the Nvidia Inspector tool.

There was a discussion some time ago:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2435.225

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:39:14 PM »

I had a similar problem and i did find a solution in a very old thread on this forum. I cant remember the topic name Sad But if i remember correctly i got it working when i removed and reinstalled the graphicsdriver.

I got this problem when i changed to manuel settings in nvidia control driver. I tried to enable AA and lots of other stuff. So what you can try is to remove all manuel settings and use global settings in nvidia control panel.

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:50:02 PM »

Chilemike do you have AA or AF enabled on your gpu?because SF does not like AA.I had a similar issue when I  got my new laptop equipped with an Nvidia GTX560M.The game started with odd colours and sometimes totally white.Then I remembered somebody on another forum mentiioning a similar issue with his Nvidia GT570.It seems to be a problem specific to Nvidia because I play the game with 2 ATI gpus without any issue.Anyway try playing with the gpu settings in the Nvidia Control pannel until you find the formula that works for you and definitely disable the AA.Also don't overclock as it makes the game crash.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:52:16 PM by frinik » Logged
chilemike
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »

Thanks gents!!  Got the Nv inspector tool plugged in the settings and got it going!!  Even got 16AA running..looks damn fine for an old title..thanks again!!
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 02:16:34 PM »

A few years ago when I had an nvidia card I got AA to work somewhat, here's the thread:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3068510/Anti_Aliasing_in_SF_K42_how.html#Post3068510

And a little info on ATI Cards:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3238586/Anti_Aliasing_in_Steel_Fury.html#Post3238586

The problem for us lovers of AA is most developers from this region prefer Bloom effects over AA. Not trying to say it's not a bad thing, just seems to be a preference.

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: