Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 04:18:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kolobanov Mission out  (Read 15720 times)
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »

The KV with rounded turret is some fantasy tank that never existed even in projects. It has incorrect armor thickness too.
The new one is historically correct.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 05:35:10 PM »

The KV with rounded turret is some fantasy tank that never existed even in projects. It has incorrect armor thickness too.
The new one is historically correct.
OK, then why don't u place a new historical tank and create an appropriate mission for it with a polygon?
There is no need to replace and SPOIL existent tank, just add er personal unit and leave along what already done. I'm not obsessed with history and realism. SF is just a game for me. It's not a guidance to get info as for WWII.
At least, pay attention that somebody spent much efforts to put this tank in the game.

BTW
All my missions (except one) are fantastic. U don't like them, then don't play.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 06:39:12 PM »

I like your KV-1 with rounded turret Lockie Smiley! Odd because I am sure I saw pics of a KV-1 model with a turret similar to yours?Was it the KV-1C???
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »

There is no need to replace and SPOIL existent tank, just add er personal unit and leave along what already done.
Yeah, I should've just named the new model "KV-1E" and the old one "alternate history KV-1". Will do that.

Odd because I am sure I saw pics of a KV-1 model with a turret similar to yours?Was it the KV-1C???
You prolly saw the KV with cast turret and ZIS-5, produced in 1942. That model never had screens and obviously it couldn't exist in times of Kolobanov mission.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:10:31 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »

I like your KV-1 with rounded turret Lockie Smiley! Odd because I am sure I saw pics of a KV-1 model with a turret similar to yours?
Thank u Smiley There were two missions released exactly for this tank: Kovalkovo, Kolobanov and I think other users also made some missions on the base of it. Well, I don't mind about historic and other detailed stuff. It's quite normal way to add a new techniques in the game without replacing. Or at least, make a note to the author of the model or write it down in the readme.

Was it the KV-1C???
May be, do u mean KV-1s? As I know it was a very weak replica of KV-1. A soviet general doesn't care about soldiers life. I was shocked when I read that even in the autumn 44 and spring 45 a soviet tanks came to the army with a cracks on the turrets from 170 to 2200mm!

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 07:17:08 PM »

Yeah, I should've just named the new model "KV-1E" and the old one "alternate history KV-1". Will do that.
See, it's easy money. Just pay a little attention to the other users.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 02:49:42 AM »

The pci said KV-1C but it could have been an error translating literally the Russian C which in fact is S in English?

Here's the link with pics showing rounded turret and it's called KV-1C??? http://www.google.co.in/search?q=kv1c+tank&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=evumUIrqNYOQrgecm4GgAw&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=814
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 08:54:30 AM »

The pci said KV-1C but it could have been an error translating literally the Russian C which in fact is S in English?
Here's the link with pics showing rounded turret and it's called KV-1C??? http://www.google.co.in/search?q=kv1c+tank&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=evumUIrqNYOQrgecm4GgAw&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=814
I think it's my mistake. I made a wrong translation, but now I see what does KV-1c. Thank u for the impressive compilation of pictures!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 12:42:22 PM »

Mistwalker is right about the timeline that's a 1942 model and without the appliqué plates.However your model did exist It can be used for 1942 and beyond missions.You'd simply need to remove the Ekrannie and adjust the turret thickness as per historical data.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »

Yes, all KV looks similar. I may say, that even IS-2 looks similar to KV chassis.

BTW
On the Kolobanov monument installed IS-2.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 02:28:25 AM »

Anyway re the Kolobanov mission it's only a matter of replacing your tank with the appropriate model in the ME to have a " historically" correct mission for those craving accuracy....
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: