Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 09:52:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Praise for Developers  (Read 3198 times)
benpark
Hauptmann

« on: January 07, 2012, 05:13:43 PM »

I purchased the original Achtung Panzer, and really liked it.  There were some issues, and these really held it back from it's potential.  AP: Operation Star with the latest patch brings the game 95% of the way there.  The fact that's it's set during the Soviet-Axis conflict makes it all the better. 

Seeing a large-scale assault with the battle sizes we now have is pretty incredible, especially given the detail and size of the landscape.  Having a dynamic AI makes the game unpredictable, and re-playable unlike most others.  The variety of battles that happen is pretty amazing as well- from reconnaissance to full scale assaults.  At ground level, watching the little dramas play out is consistently amazing.  The operational layer and persistent damage between battles really make the game unique, however.  My last operation has had a see-saw battle over Ratkinoe (sp?) that destroyed much of the center of the town.  Burned out tanks litter the streets and fields as reminders of the past few hours and days of fighting.  Amazing stuff.

The remaining issues are really pretty minor now.  Some others have mentioned a few more animations for the infantry to better communicate the state and actions of the soldiers.  That would be a help to the player.  A few tweaks to the AI on attack possibly as well.  Beyond that, there are a few last bugs.  Near perfect as it could be once the few last issues are stomped out.  I'm really happy to see the developers new patching and release model, and hope they are compensated better now.  I'll certainly keep buying their products.

I really hope the series continues, and stays in the WWII/Soviet-Axis war.  I would, like most people (I suspect) like to see some later war operations (Hungary/Balaton offensive, please).  I'd also like to see more spring/summer battles.  Also some Axis minor formations (Italians/Hungarians/Romanians) at some point. 

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:44:01 PM »

Thanks. Yes, for APOS, I hope there will be many minor additions and large patches.  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: