Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 08:44:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone get Volokonovka 1942 (summer) yet  (Read 8419 times)
sunflowerseeds
Oberleutnant

« on: January 15, 2012, 06:06:48 PM »

This is my first post here. I had the first Achtung Panzer when it came out though paradox interactive, I thought operation star would never come out in english.
I have been playing CM and CM2 games for sometime. But the size of the maps and the graphics in these games as well as
the dynamic AI are something you just don't get in battlefront games or any wargame for that matter.

Anyway, does anyone have the new Volokonovka 1942 summer addon that came out today at gamersgate, looks pretty good.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:17:43 PM by sunflowerseeds » Logged
benpark
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »

Hello!  I am also a CM series fan as well.  This series is a great one on its own (many) merits,.  It also allows for some Soviet/German gameplay, as Battlefront won't be there for years. 

The add-on doesn't seem to be out yet today.  There was a post by a developer on SimHQ (http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/238/1/Graviteam_Sims.html) that stated that he had sent GamersGate an email about it not being ready for download to pre-orders.  I also sent an email to GamersGate asking if there was a delay.  Got to make the most of my free day, and was hoping to play some of the summer map operation.
sunflowerseeds
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 07:08:57 PM »

No, I just put it in my cart and it say BUY here's the link try it:http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-APOSV1942/achtung-panzer-operation-star-volokonovka-1942-summer
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 07:56:49 PM »

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3495241/Summer_DLC_for_APOS.html#Post3495241

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
hamrock
Major

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:30:44 AM »

Yes downloaded and have played two actions already.  Excellent. Now I have worked out how the downloading method.  I even surprised myself in getting it right.  However back to the game......LOVE IT. I have high regard for CM but getting a little bored playing the US all the time.  The Russian front as the most important land campaign of the war has been much neglected. We  done Graviteam.
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »

Yeah. I played CM for a very long time, but I have to say, that Graviteam is making a very good competitor now.
Bigger maps, more units and at least a kind of operational phase. I feel, that the only thing, where it fails a little bit,
is the editor. Please improve Graviteam ! Easier to use and documentation would be my wish. Great game.
Sybma
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 08:36:41 PM »

I also play CM Normandy a lot. Being playing Achtung Panzer with a lot of quick battles last days with the Summer DLC. Looks and plays great!
I don not have a grip yet on all aspects but tactical works fine with me!
Big dust clouds with tanks moving up. And recon is a must in these vast areas, great work!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:39:25 PM by Sybma » Logged
Percopius
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 03:02:15 AM »

I have it; I had the most intense night battle last night, ambushed 4 Pz IV with 2 f-22 AT guns and infantry. It was the spearhead of a German attack. Two hours of action really intense and varied action. Many shifts in the battle. It was pitch black at the start of the battle, after 2 hours the sky was light up with the burning wreckage littering the landscape. I blunted the attack. There were 2 burning Panzer hulks within 10  and 15 meters of my lead gun. I don't know how the crew and gun survived, but they took out 3 of the 4 Panzers and I think they took a shell on the mantel armor of the gun or whatever that is called. Great game, really, instant classic.

Perc.
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »

Hi, my first post here. Superb WW2 sim you have developed, been playing it since xmas and think its fantastic  8)  I have played the CM series since CM1 but you have definitely swayed me away from CMBN with this great authentic eastern front sim.

I just bought the summer Volokonovka campaign from gamers gate. I ran the download via the small exe file that you from GG. It appeared to download the 400+mb file , it then told me it was putting the files under a temp dir under my 'downloads' directory and then a small pop up appeared saying 'remove temporary files if install succesful' to which i answered 'yes' as assumed it had worked okay.
However, when i looked under my d/loads dir there was no temp dir present and when i fired the game up, no new campaigns had been added under the 'start' menu. I scrolled down but nothing new  Huh?

The install doesnt appear to have touched my game install as no files were updated to todays date.

Any ideas? I am running win7, game is installed in program files x86 dir.  The patches were all installed fine beforehand.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »

However, when i looked under my d/loads dir there was no temp dir present and when i fired the game up, no new campaigns had been added under the 'start' menu. I scrolled down but nothing new  Huh?

The install doesnt appear to have touched my game install as no files were updated to todays date.

Any ideas? I am running win7, game is installed in program files x86 dir.  The patches were all installed fine beforehand.

How to install DLC2
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=73356&p=1775308&viewfull=1#post1775308

Check versions over red lines!

And how to install patch and updates
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=73356&p=1775308#post1775308

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 03:36:06 PM »

hmm, thanks for DLC link but for some reason my volokonovka update does not show up on the update installer  Huh?

i will download it again and retry.
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 03:53:25 PM »

okay, i downloaded it again.

Your exe file should not offer choice of removing temporary files so soon. This time i got it to save the temp files, then i ran the updater and pointed it to where they were. This time it worked fine.

Thanks  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: