Graviteam
May 03, 2024, 08:04:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: NTA Mod (English version)  (Read 519727 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2013, 07:43:23 AM »

After so many different mods we still have incorrect data concerning the shell complement of heavy German tanks.
In Upd_Nov_2012(NTA) the type of shells was OK and suppose a quantity also.

Can we please correct this once and for all?
OK, I'd like to suggest u to make an appropriate mod: i.e. `corrected number shells` and send it to me and I'l include it into the fix. There is one request - u've to write down in the `readme` what changes did u apply.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2013, 12:51:46 PM »

OK I can do that . In fact I already made it for Mo 2.0. I can send you the tech_cfg folders with the correct values. One thing though,  I removed all German  tungsten core highvelocity anti tank shells like the Panzergranate 40/42, 40/43 etc as by mid year 1943 the Germans phased them out for tanks due to shortages of Wolfram( tungsten) and Molybdenum due to the loss of the Ukrainian mines.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2013, 01:03:42 PM »

One thing though,  I removed all German  tungsten core highvelocity anti tank shells
Well, let's make firstly a corrected numbers of shells.
As for anti-tank shells, then u may easily remove them in the mission by appropriate script.

fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2013, 11:57:56 PM »

Why does the T34-85 have only a small number of AP rounds?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2013, 01:04:50 AM »

Why does the T34-85 have only a small number of AP rounds?
There are the rumors that tanks were made to fight against infantry Wink
i.e. IS-2, have a look how much AP shells has this tank.

fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2013, 01:22:40 AM »

I suppose that with improved Infantry A/T weapons they became more of a threat than tanks...

I do like the shell load of the Churchill... Grin
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2013, 01:44:55 AM »

Compared to German or Allies tanks the Soviet tanks suffered from cramped conditions and poor ergonomics. I read a review on the JS-3 and even that latein the war that problem was not corrected. That's one of the reasons Soviet Tank crews loved US or captured German tanks. I suspect this probably restricted the number of shells Sov Tanks could carry.

Also while the Germans started putting more emphasis on using their heavy tanks for long distance tank-to-tank fighting the Soviets used their tanks more as mobile artillery which would protect their waves of infantry and destroy Germans AT, artillery, pillboxes and mg nests. Thus more HE shells were required. The Germans had relatively few heavy tanks available but well trained crews, excellent optics and powerful guns which they would use to destroy as many of the vastly, numerically superior Soviet armour as possible. The Soviets , on the other hand, could not match the Germans heavy tanks in tank-to-tank combat but would overwhelm any German armour threat through endless numbers as tanks and crews were expendable. The average life expectancy of a Soviet tank crew in 1943-44 was three weeks as estimated by the Soviet themselves.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2013, 10:18:27 AM »

The ones with the TigerII as the player's tank on the Gusarovka map( October 1944) and the one with the late JS-2 as player's tank on the Lozovenko map(August 1944).
I've checked missions "October 1944" and "August 1944" and everything works fine. Don't have idea what is er reason of CTD  Huh?
Here's my installation.

retarius
Oberleutnant

« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2013, 10:42:33 PM »

Hi Guys,

I have had SF from the beginning and absolutely love it!!! After being away from it for about 3 years, I am trying to get it updated and try out the new missions and such. From the recent post, I am downlosding the missions and SPM (NTA) 1.6. I see that the 2nd item is "SPM 2.0", but no link is provided for it. Does anyone know where I can download that file from?

Thanks!
Retarius
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2013, 10:58:24 PM »

Does anyone know where I can download that file from?
Check this link Wink
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11026.0

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2013, 02:25:23 AM »

I've checked missions "October 1944" and "August 1944" and everything works fine. Don't have idea what is er reason of CTD  Huh

Lockie my installation is with SP Mod 2.0 and NTA 1.6 enabled .I think something went wrong when I made the installation. I will make the corrections required. No worries.

Thanks! Wink
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2013, 06:05:59 PM »

I think it's time to release a first `fix` for NTA 1.6 Wink
It'll take me approximately a couple weeks. What already done:
1. changed sound KWK40
2. fixed wrong shells for Pz IV H
3. fixed the same name for the m-30 and 52k
4. modified IL-2 cannon
5. added Bazooka to infantry US
6. fixed & modified M3 halftrack, avilable to drive and shoot from both MG's
7. added a third member to the crew of sdkfz 251
8. fixed texture for the sdkfz 251 and sdkfz 251_10 (removed `square` wheels)
9. added 2 LOD to BA-64, binocular to gunner, modified speed
10. added new sound for M36 turret rotattion, optimized cfg file.
11. fixed armor map for Pz2L2, modified speed
12. fixed and added 3 types of shells to the anti-gun QF 6 M-1(USA) (old types of shells removed)
- AP-M86
- AP-M70
- M-303
(also fixed some other shell's models)
13. changed type shell of the Panzerschreck: APSC -> HC
14. restored troops to T-34/85
15. added cockpit to Pz IIIJ (cz KWK38/lg KWK39), fixed cannon texture, added second LOD
16. restored original german helmet with 3 LOD's
17. modified and fixed Hetzer config (shells, gun, gunsight), Texture deleted from p_*** objects (objects hidden), slightly changed engine sound, added random schurzen
18. texture deleted from p_*** objects (tank M4A3-76usa)
19. fixed `Pantherturm` (deleted/hidden p_***, number of the crew members)
20. fixed pilot's texture for the helmet
21. removed from several tracks `oil shine`of the texture
22. STUG III gunsight fix?
23 crashed JPt added?
24. Added 2 LOD to Marder II-132
25. english speech added?

Special thanks to 19will73. WITHOUT HIS HELP THIS MOD WILL BE MUCH SHORTER.

Mostly I concentrated to fix a bugs then added a new features. `?`means this point wasn't implemented.
There's a big problem with us soldiers equipment. They still needs at least two types of the weapon:
- handweapon (pistol)
- machine gun
Would be good to add a sniper rifle also, but I'm out of the models and 3dmax skill Sad
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:46:47 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »

Hope that finally, we will get a normal eng speech for the us crew! It goes thanks to Mr. Panzerfaust!

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2013, 08:22:13 PM »

And here is a new smoke effect from the Comrade frinik!
It looks a very unusual, but I like it, coz it's a bit give a smoke a long distances. Though, still hesitating, should I include this effect to the fix (may be it will take an additional fps to draw the smoke)? As my point, it should be included! What du u think, friends?

fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »

yes...more smoke..
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2013, 02:48:55 AM »

Gentlemen/Comrades; have been tinkering with the smoke, explosions and fire effect in SF for over 20 months now and I can tell you that they have little to no impact on fps. The only exception being the huge ball of fire you see whenever a tank's ammo or fuel blows up. But it's only for a couple of second. I think immersion-wise it's worth it. Sounds on the other hand can really affect fps in SF.I also put together new sounds for 90% of the tanks, artillery and AT gun in the game. Now all the major guns have their own , distinctive individual sounds Pretty good in my opinion as I have spent nearly 2 years collecting, experimenting and testing them( a some new ones would make my game crash). I am ready to release them a part of NTA 1.6 with all the text change made into the common res o all you need to do I enable it uing JSGME or simply pate it into your main data folder.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2013, 10:59:55 AM »

After having tinkered and experimenting with tweaking the smoke, fire and explosion effects in SF for almost 2 years now I can guarantee there's only a negligible effect on the fps. Sound I really what impacts fps in SF.

If Lockie agrees I could also release my new sounds for SF with new, improved, individual sound for most(90%) tank, artillery and AT guns and for BESA, DT, MG42 and MG37 machine guns in SF. I also have new sounds for several tanks engines ( Pz III, IV, T34s, KVs-SUs, Tiger I, Churchill. What I have done I incorporate all the changes into the common res folder so all new sounds and tweaks are in place and all you need I install and enable in JSGME without having to do any other work or change.

Sorry I double posted .I didn't realise Embarrassed
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:01:29 AM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2013, 01:07:49 PM »

After having tinkered and experimenting with tweaking the smoke, fire and explosion effects in SF for almost 2 years now I can guarantee there's only a negligible effect on the fps. Sound I really what impacts fps in SF.

What I'd like to know, are the tech_cfg files being revised?  Wink

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
LSM
Hauptmann

« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »

Lockie. Definitely include.
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »

I made some of the early mods to il2 sturmovik which included more smoke ...very popular and immersive.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: