Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 07:30:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Critical Error 001  (Read 70234 times)
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 08:44:06 PM »

I will play nothing but rather small quick battles.  I just don't want to spend 45 minutes setting up a good position just to have the game crash and lose everything.

Very frustrating.  I mean, every single game I've played today (around ten so far) has crashed within a few minutes minutes.

budd
Major

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »

Very strange.  It seems most likely to crash when I resume the game from a pause or when I leave the binocular zoom.

Unfortunately, I have the Gamersgate version, so in order to un-install and re-install, I have to log back on to Gamersgate to download.  Is the Matrix version an off-line installer?  If so, this is a great incentive to purchase from Matrix.

you dont have to redownload the gamersgate files everytime. When you install, just pick "save the files" so you can start the installer again. I've reinstalled 4 times without redownloading. Just click the gamersgate opstar file and put in your gamersgate info and the installer will start.
what does your update window show, mine is the same as icebox's above.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:58:09 PM by budd » Logged
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »

Thanks.  I did notice that option this time. 
budd
Major

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »

i have mine installed in the default directory, which defaults to program files. I had the last install in it's own directory and received the error[only once though]. Is the order of your install like's icebox's above, mine is exactly like his. So far after the last install no 001 errors [knock on wood] I've played 4 battles in my operation so far. I have no mods installed but all the add-ons. sure would be nice to nail this down, seems like once the first 001 error happens they get more frequent.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 09:39:32 PM »

Be vary careful with addons made for previous versions of APOS.  Hopefully the mod arthur updates the thing.  (if needed).

It is also possible to totaqlly bork your install directory by directly over writing old orginal files.  It might work fine, or it could cause random crashes as certain things look for a path that is broken. 

The screen at top is correct BTW.

I find APOS vary stable.  It is vary rare for it to crash on me.  The times it has happened is when I have the game running for hours upon hours on end.........computer usually goes into sleep mod with game still running.  After hours and hours of this with alt tab all the time.....it might crash. SHOCK..lol.  But thats been my experience.

Yabba dabba do
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »

Is the order of your install like's icebox's above, mine is exactly like his.

Not exactly.   Mine is simpler.  This is right after the re-install.

I had problems with "Save and Exit" crashes, but until the May patch/update, never did the game so frequently crash.

The only mod I've ever used is the the Vyllis sound mod.  But as you can see from above, it isn't currently installed.

*Edit--
I'm not saying I have this figured out, but a memory leak does sound like a good explanation:  I just rebooted my computer, and in my next quick battle, I've (so far) gone over 45 mins without a crash.

*Edit Again--
No this didn't solve the problem.  I didn't even make it 2 minutes in the next game.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:46:53 AM by Capt Sam » Logged
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 03:28:17 AM »

I've reverted back to .577 version.  Far more stable.

I've done numerous re-installs, tried different installation locations, DirectX updates, no write protection on game folders, proper patching order, making new profiles, and whatever else I can think of.

From my experience, the May patch is completely unstable.  I'm not sure exactly how many times I've tried to play a game today with the May patch, but I estimate around 15 games.  All but a single game crashed with 001 error, most within five minutes or so of gameplay.
RooksBailey
Oberleutnant

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 08:27:39 AM »

I don't know if it is coincidence or not, but after tweaking my graphics setting some, I have managed to play two 45-minute battles without incident.  What I basically did was create a new profile, allowed the game to reset my video settings and then I toned them down some (turned off grass, turned off HDR, lowered smoke/dust to moderate and a few other random tweaks to lessen the graphical load).  I also adjusted the number of cores used from "maximum" to four (I have a quad core). 

Could be coincidence, but I played for like two hours tonight without incident.  Despite what the game recommends based on your system specs, it might be pushing certain PCs too hard, resulting in a crash.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »

Please, immediately after the error (crash):
1) Copy in one place folders "out", "users \ profiles", and "data \ k43t \ SHARED \ cconfig \ tacgame_image.cfgpack" (if error happens in tacbattle)
2) Zip folder with copied files
3) Upload it to any filehosting
4) Put link in this thread.

And Please write what is your version: GG, Impulse, Desura, S1st, Matrix.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:50:53 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »

Gamersgate version: no mods, patched up to May updates:

http://www.filedropper.com/error001
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:42:40 PM by Capt Sam » Logged
budd
Major

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »

gamersgate version, all patches, both add-ons current versions, no mods.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2acco0uz2ef/n/001_error_zip
budd
Major

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2012, 07:42:06 PM »

any suggestions on what to do in the mean time. last 4 battles of my operation have gotten 001 error.
budd
Major

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2012, 08:33:35 PM »

pretty much happening everytime now. Tried various video settings, disabled the add-ons, started a new profile....another reinstall?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 08:50:14 PM »

gamersgate version, all patches, both add-ons current versions, no mods.

"Intel(R) HD Graphics Family" - what is your videocard?
Very suspicious  Huh?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »

Please sent DX Diag Info, I see what is it - this Intel (HD)  Grin

budd
Major

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »

its a laptop with onboard graphics chip. here's the dx diag

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2vvz7cvl2v9t/n/DxDiag_txt

here's some more files after a 001 error...Fresh install, 580 exe. may patch only. didn't even get through the first battle of the operation.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5asg5vfl4vk5/n/001_error_2.zip#2.zip
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2012, 10:24:28 PM »

its a laptop with onboard graphics chip. here's the dx diag

Does the APOS worked on it in the previous patch or a stock version (or demo)?
Because, in principle, should not work, we do not support any Intel videos or integrated cards, too.

Integrated Intel and even on a laptop - in principle, should not ever work  Grin

P.S. Thanks for DX diag, I am see what is it.

budd
Major

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2012, 11:04:01 PM »

yea i when i bought it played just fine, when i had 577 exe without the addons installed played just fine. There are a few people with this issue, with other video setups. See matrix forum also.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3124139
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2012, 01:01:26 AM »

I have the error every now and again but it doesn't seem to effect the game any. Game just carries on as normal.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »

yea i when i bought it played just fine, when i had 577 exe without the addons installed played just fine. There are a few people with this issue, with other video setups. See matrix forum also.

I have one and a half versions  Grin:
1) The reason to support pixel shader 2.0, which we removed from this patch.
2) a new DirectX from June 2010 to which we have passed is not friends with these videocards.

But it should not work in the past, these Intel videos is not even supposed to be someone to run the game Roll Eyes
If I find a laptop, try to look into the matter.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: