Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 08:40:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are multiple displays, simultaneous control and other simulator stuff supported?  (Read 5201 times)
Einherj
Oberleutnant

« on: October 13, 2013, 09:16:38 AM »

Hello,

I've been looking for a decent WW2 tank simulator for a while and just found this game.
I am interested in building some custom hardware controllers and view ports.
My questions are:

1) Does this game support multiple displays from different view ports (display gunner and driver views on separate screens)?
2) Is it possible to control different parts of the tank at the same time without switching positions inside the tank (move the turret and fire while using the driver's controls)?

Thank you for your answers in advance.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:58:23 AM »

I've been looking for a decent WW2 tank simulator for a while and just found this game.
Welcome to the board Smiley

1) Does this game support multiple displays from different view ports (display gunner and driver views on separate screens)?
I'm not developer, but according to my experience, I may say - NO.

2) Is it possible to control different parts of the tank at the same time without switching positions inside the tank (move the turret and fire while using the driver's controls)?
NO.
Of course, may be mentioned features somewhere hidden and till up to now weren't disclosed. The best variant ask developers or wait until somebody from them drop his eye in this topic and give answer or don't give answer Wink
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:20:22 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:37:26 AM »

Unfortunately the answer is no.I know for sure because I asked a fairly similar question to Iceman over 2 years ago.Only in early Soviet tanks do you have a dual role both as commander and loader.But even then you need to press a key to change views Otherwise we could play SF in co-op mode.The only possibility is to press the keys to quickly shift positions in the tank or simply assign yourself one task and rest on the AI to do the others in the tank....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:42:41 AM by frinik » Logged
Einherj
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »

Thank you for your answers.

I am a programmer / electronics engineer and I'm looking for a WW2 tank simulator I can build a multiplayer "hot seat" simulator hardware on.
One player plays as the driver and another sitting behind him as the gunner.

I guess the search continues then.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 12:17:23 PM »

I am a programmer / electronics engineer
It sounds very interesting. Could make a program, which automatically changing the units in the mission?
All changes take place in the *.txt file. User select his unit and then in `dropped window` has ability to pick up the other unit.

and I'm looking for a WW2 tank simulator I can build a multiplayer "hot seat" simulator hardware on.
This sim is abandoned 5 years ago and completely obsolet. Moreover, the developers has nomore deal with tanksim.
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11355.0

Perhaps, u shold try `sabow`, though it's abandoned either.
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?board=11.0

As my point it's strategy, which was spoiled with tanksim features.

Personally, I'd recommend u try erself in this game:
http://warthunder.com/

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:56:32 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Einherj
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »

I've tried war thunder / world of tanks but I am looking for a hardcore simulator for tanks in the like of which they have for aircraft (for example microsoft flight simulator, IL-2 or DCS)
I am aiming to build the inside of a tank with all the gauges, controls and vision holes. For that I need a simulator that supports multiple displays and simultaneous controlling of all the equipment. The driver and gunner has to be able to play the same game at the same time in the same tank.

I can make custom USB controllers and displays but I need the simulator software that supports them.
I guess tank simulators are not as popular as flight simulators so this kind of software is not available.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:44:19 PM by Einherj » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 02:28:30 PM »

Then I guess you should try Steel Beasts.It's a modern tank simulator built by a US company which makes software to train NATO Tank crews.It turned that software into a tank simulator(game).They are upgrading the game graphics version 3.0 is coming out.It's US 125.00 for the base game though....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: