Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 12:59:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Critical Error 001  (Read 70240 times)
magjendad
Oberleutnant

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2012, 02:08:12 PM »

Interesting: I should add that I did a clean install for the new versions (Base game and add-ons), all from Gamersgate. I noticed that the latest Gamersgate version of the full game is 577 ( if memory serves). But, for me, the 577 updater does not even let me install the add-ons I (re)download from Gamersgate.  This is the case even though I did the directx thingy.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:11:36 PM by magjendad » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »

A question/ request for Andrey, though: This problem is preventing me from playing the add-ons I have purchased thus far.  If the above discussed patch will not help people like budd and me, could Graviteam please make pre-580 versions of the add-ons available to folks like us?

No, at first we dont save any previous updates, at second, this is very strange - bugs must be checked, but not throw under the sofa and forget  Grin.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2012, 02:24:44 PM »

I think the add-ons were updated for the 580 engine.I had a problem at 1st with gamersgates 580 engine and the may patch downloads and decided to go back to the 577 engine since everything had worked fine before I tried to install the new 580 engine.I did a complete reinstall after erasing all traces of the game from my PC and got the 577 engine up and running on the game,but as soon as I tried to update the add-ons,I couldn't get them to work.So,I decided to go back and install APOS with the 580 engine again after erasing all traces of the game  again and start over from the beginning.This time everything worked,got the 580 engine to run and all the add ons and patches work also.So I'm assuming the Add-ons have been updated to the 580 engine and are no longer compatible with the 577 engine.
magjendad
Oberleutnant

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »

1. Andrey (and Graviteam), my friends (shaking my head). Tsk.Tsk.  You gotta keep your old versions. Completely erasing old versions is less-than-optimal configuration management. 

2. Is there anyone who has not updated, who has the old versions, and who would be willing to upload them so Graviteam could host them (if need be)?

Trust me guys, I also work in the software business for very demanding customers. I'm trying to save you some major headaches here.

Undecided

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:07:47 PM by magjendad » Logged
Schweppes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »

Not sure what is happening here but since last patch i have been getting this error very frequently. I bought the new DLC today but its unplayable in this state. very VERY annoying as i really like this game!
budd
Major

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »

They removed shader 2.0 I believe they called. It affects Intel based graphics I believe. There working on it.  I can play 577 version, but the addons don't work for me. The addons have been updated to work with the 580 update.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »

1. Andrey (and Graviteam), my friends (shaking my head). Tsk.Tsk.  You gotta keep your old versions. Completely erasing old versions is less-than-optimal configuration management. 

For us the optimum. We barely have time to keep a last version for the tactics and half version for tanksim. Maintain some other versions, just no one.

2. Is there anyone who has not updated, who has the old versions, and who would be willing to upload them so Graviteam could host them (if need be)?

We have space on ftp for 4-5 versions. That's enough for a current update version for sim and tactics and for testing purposes.
Keep the previous public version does not make sense. It just increases the chaos and cause difficulties and dissatisfaction among players  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Schweppes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2012, 08:10:46 PM »

They removed shader 2.0 I believe they called. It affects Intel based graphics I believe. There working on it.  I can play 577 version, but the addons don't work for me. The addons have been updated to work with the 580 update.

Thanks budd! I hope they will be able to fix it, my hands are itching to play the new addon!!
budd
Major

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »

Yea I'd like to play the summer addon. I thought I had the old addon version, but redowloaded and overwrote the old ones. I'll have to be content with the base game for now. Hope they get it worked out so i can get the other Addon.  thinking about getting steel fury  also if it works on my computer.
Schweppes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »

Yea I'd like to play the summer addon. I thought I had the old addon version, but redowloaded and overwrote the old ones. I'll have to be content with the base game for now. Hope they get it worked out so i can get the other Addon.  thinking about getting steel fury  also if it works on my computer.

If you like ww2 tanks then you should definetly get SF. Its quite a lot of mods for it and atleast on my system it has been very stable the years i have played it!
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »

I had huge 001 error problems and could not complete a battle without a crash (see top of thread) under 580, but since I started testing 581 I have played through 9 turns of the Krasna DLC and several QBs without a single error (fingers crossed!)
prins_bernhard
Oberleutnant

« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2012, 09:30:39 AM »

Hey Redmarkus,

Where did you get 581? Is it a special favour for a select group of people, or is it available to all.

Btw, I love your threads at the matrix site. Definitely worth reading.

Regards,

Prins.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »

Will be a beta test I presume.
prins_bernhard
Oberleutnant

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2012, 01:12:01 PM »

I thought as much. But how do you get access to it? For Darkest Hour it is usually made availble through the tech support forum to registered users, but for APOS I wouldn't know. I do know I'd be interested in testing the patch Wink.
magjendad
Oberleutnant

« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »

I had huge 001 error problems and could not complete a battle without a crash (see top of thread) under 580, but since I started testing 581 I have played through 9 turns of the Krasna DLC and several QBs without a single error (fingers crossed!)

Good to hear! Thanks Redmarkus and Graviteam!
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »

Hey Redmarkus,

Where did you get 581? Is it a special favour for a select group of people, or is it available to all.

Btw, I love your threads at the matrix site. Definitely worth reading.

Regards,

Prins.

Andrey asked me if I wanted to do some testing as an English speaker after I posted my game walk through stuff.  I am pretty sure he asked for volunteers in a thread here as well.
prins_bernhard
Oberleutnant

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »

Well, glad that I didn't overlook an obvious download location Grin. Good to hear that 581 is in (final?) testing. Hopefully it will be released to the public soon. Thanks for the heads up.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2012, 07:40:55 PM »

What are some of the new features of the 581 engine that the 580 doesn't have.Everytime a new engine comes out I have to reinstall the whole game from scratch(Along with the patches and add-ons) to get it to run properly.So far I'm happy with the 580 engine(error free).So,if there isn't any major design enhancements with the 581 engine I think I'll stick with the 580 until I absolutely have to install it to insure the proper function of any new DLC's that come out that I might want to purchase,that require that I install it to play them.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »

Good to hear that 581 is in (final?) testing. Hopefully it will be released to the public soon. Thanks for the heads up.

No, we do not even begin to do it. It's August patch will make it until August.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2012, 11:20:32 PM »

Wait please. We will make available to test alpha-version of update with some new features, include PS2.0 mode for lowend videos etc. Anyone who wants will be able to download it and try.

Andrey

When are you planning to make the alpha-version of the update available to test for the people interested in it?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: