Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 08:30:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions from a newbie  (Read 16375 times)
DoctorJ
Oberleutnant

« on: September 04, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »

Hello there

first off, I'd like to compliment you guys on this great game. It's really immersive. Just a few questions remain.

Is there a possibility to enable historically correct flags in the English version? I'd like to play with them on, it doesn't offend me.

I've seen videos where nighttime fighting is really dark, like really really dark. It doesn't appear as dark to me ingame, and my units visibility is lowered like in the videos. How can I decrease the brightness in my game?

What are the wire communication teams used for? Of course they establish communications, but what are the ingame effects?

Also, I've been playing vanilla AP:OS for a long time until I discovered the rather small community and downloaded the patch, is it me or do T-34s bounce way more shots from Tigers than they used to? Is it historical or a balance thing?

Thanks in advance, go easy on me please  Wink
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 01:01:18 PM »

I can answer a few questions.

No way to enable historical flags in the English version of the game without a historical flag mod.I think there is one around but don't know where the link to it is.

Wire communications between units help units pass information between each other about enemy units,which enables your heavy weapons to bring more accurate indirect fire on to them.

I always thought it was too dark in the game before,and was happy to see a little more light for the night battles,but I don't think there is a way to tone down the brightness.

From the front the T-34 should be bouncing most of its shots against a Tiger,from the rear and sides it doesn't seem to me that it bounces many.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »

YA k43, apos NOW Gtos..  Even when you take a brake from it for awhile...you STILL come back to it again.  OH and if it is similar game to GTOS you end up pissed off at it cause it is missing XYZ things that GTOS has and it does not.   Tongue

I am really looking forward to mius.  Cheesy

Yabba dabba do
DoctorJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 03:04:12 PM »

Even when you take a brake from it for awhile...you STILL come back to it again. 

Exactly  Smiley

I can answer a few questions.

No way to enable historical flags in the English version of the game without a historical flag mod.I think there is one around but don't know where the link to it is.

Wire communications between units help units pass information between each other about enemy units,which enables your heavy weapons to bring more accurate indirect fire on to them.

I always thought it was too dark in the game before,and was happy to see a little more light for the night battles,but I don't think there is a way to tone down the brightness.

From the front the T-34 should be bouncing most of its shots against a Tiger,from the rear and sides it doesn't seem to me that it bounces many.

Okay thanks, that's really helpful. However the T34 thing, it's the other way around. I've noticed some shots bouncing off the T-34, more than in regular APOS vanilla. Just a question, not a complaint  Smiley

Also,  is it possible to capture abandoned tanks/field guns? If so, how?
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 03:12:48 PM »

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11295.0
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »

I don't think you can capture or  use  abandoned enemy heavy weapons in this game.

If I recall correctly you may be able to capture and use enemy small arms soon,but use of captured heavy weapons or tanks are only featured by design and used in the campaigns and few items are availablein the Quick Battle editor.

I would like to use a Russian 85mm AA gun as a captured piece so I can simulate a German 88mm FLAK gun in some of my Quick Battles.
DoctorJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »

Hey guys, me again.

Just a quick question, can anyone tell me how I obtain the Music that's played in the Game Menu? I would like to use it in Videos.
xandu
Hauptmann

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »

I suppose:
I think the issue of the T-34 is related to the angle of the front armor, am I right?
Mucka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 03:56:49 PM »

Also a newbie (totally new to Graviteam and extremely impressed by what they have achieved)
My question;
I have latest patch, hi res pack, an add on and a couple of mods installed manually.I note you can move the updates/add ons, up and down the list in the update screen. Is there a particular order these need to be in to work correctly?
My current list from top to bottom;

DLC hi res pack
add on Volokonova
game update 4.12

Also I have the mods installed in (windows 7 - blood and uniforms) c/users/myname/core/... and the game self installed in c/programfiles(x86)/graviteam...

Is this correct?

Sorry for the noob question but I couldn't find the answer through a search so thanks in advance.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »

Hi Mucka,

Aces updater looks about right.
Not sure if the Hi res mod or the uniform mod should take top spot though.
You might want to switch them around if you notice any problems.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »

Also I have the mods installed in (windows 7 - blood and uniforms) c/users/myname/core/... and the game self installed in c/programfiles(x86)/graviteam...

Take the game out of (x86) program files and move it into your regular C programs.
The game doesn't run well and sometimes not at all in the (X86) program files.

The game automatically defaults to the (x86) program files but it's been a known issue for quite awhile that it's best to make a new folder in your regular C programs and move the base game there.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:18:55 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Mucka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 04:37:41 PM »

Take the game out of (x86) program files and move it into your regular C programs.
The game doesn't run well and sometimes not at all in the (X86) program files.

The game automatically defaults to the (x86) program files but it's been a known issue for quite awhile that it's best to make a new folder in your regular C programs and move the base game there.

EDIT.
(Before anyone replies I have discovered the descaddpack file! So I've installed the blood mod I think but would still like some advice on the other stuff I waffle on about below. Thanks)

Thank you for your help, quick too!
I have been running the game from x86 without problem so will leave there for now but if I have any problems will take your advice on that.
Also I seem to need more advice on how to install the mods as there doesn't seem to be anyway to do it from the game? So I do not see them in my list and simply put the files where I guessed they might go hence my list doesn't include the blood or uniform mod and TBH I'm not entirely surre I have the right uniform mod- maybe I shouldn't of bothered since I am obviously clueless. It is just hard to find any instructions in English that make things clear to newbies.

So if anyone has the download links to the latest uniform mod and any other mods I need to go with it (I think there is one that makes inf a little less helpless against armour but requires uniform mod?) or any other cool stuff clever folk have made that I should check out then that would be great along with a simple explanation of how to install them - I must be missing something very basic here because the in game update manager seems  to look for specific file extensions and won't recognise a mod file to update from in game.
I realise I sound pretty dumb by now but rather that than run around in circles and miss out on what this great game and its community has to offer.

I really appreciate your help.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:54:39 PM by Mucka » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »

I have been running the game from x86 without problem so will leave there for now...
x86 isn't an issue anymore, the latest game installer (on GamersGate and Steam) was updated to fix this.

http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Installing_updates_and_modifications

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Mucka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 05:11:44 PM »

I have been running the game from x86 without problem so will leave there for now...
x86 isn't an issue anymore, the latest game installer (on GamersGate and Steam) was updated to fix this.

Cool, thanks.
Think I've installed stuff okay now I cleared my fraggled brain but not sure about that Data Dase skin mod is in the list provided - dos that need to be installed witht eh skin mod, what does it do, where can I download it?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »

The data base needs to be installed and only the configs will be updated from now on to bring the uniform mods up to their present status.

This is the latest config file.
https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=65p6PhRtCn4LAWSdc5Vkk755Pft%2BBrgeePagFHWw5M4%3D
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 05:41:46 PM »

Thanks Krabb,
Didn't realize that Graviteam fixed this issue.
Very good news.

Mucka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 06:31:40 PM »

The data base needs to be installed and only the configs will be updated from now on to bring the uniform mods up to their present status.

This is the latest config file.
https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=65p6PhRtCn4LAWSdc5Vkk755Pft%2BBrgeePagFHWw5M4%3D

Okay thanks, downloaded and installed but where do I get the Database from and how is it installed?
Thanks again.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 07:00:18 PM »

Data base:
http://yadi.sk/d/6saHHHEYFoFBU

Install data base 1st like regular DLC then install config files.
After this only the config files will need to be updated as soon as it is released with each new patch.

Usually any new news about the uniform mods can be found here in the Russian forums for this game.
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=66275&page=79&p=2045980&viewfull=1#post2045980
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:04:56 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Mucka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 07:07:39 PM »

Data base:
http://yadi.sk/d/6saHHHEYFoFBU

Install data base 1st like regular DLC then install config files.
After this only the config files will need to be updated as soon as it is released with each new patch.

Usually any new news about the uniform mods can be found here in the Russian forums for this game.
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=66275&page=79&p=2045980&viewfull=1#post2045980

Perfect, you are an absolute star and thank you.
DoctorJ
Oberleutnant

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 07:25:55 PM »

So I just bought three dlcs, the Sokolovo, Volokonovka and Krasnaya Polyanka.

Could somebody post step by step instructions on how to install them? After I download them from Gamersgate I have three folders called CORE, I know that I have to add the addon file using the updater, but what about the CORE folder? I can start the Krasnaya Polyanka Campaign without problems, but the other two don't even show up.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: