Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 04:35:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Download links for the unoffical patch dont work....  (Read 15632 times)
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« on: January 11, 2014, 10:55:02 AM »

Hello,

I am new to this game, in fact I don't even own a copy yet, but I wanted to get the patch before paying for a game that has some bugs that can be fixed with this patch. The only problem is I get a Forbidden 403 error with the download link and the 2 mirrors don't work either anymore. Probably because they removed the files. I really think this file should be uploaded to another source that is still active. If anyone can upload it for me to download that would be wonderful.

I just want get a game until I know I can get everything working right before hand.

Also do any of the mods already have the patch fixes in them? Whats the ultimate patch compared to the unofficial version? The online download for this game on Amazon.com is corrupted so I was going to buy a physical copy which costs twice as much if you can find one.

Anyway, thanks for any help, I would really love to play this game and with any mod that improves it even more!

Firefly
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »

I get a Forbidden 403 error with the download link
What the link did u try?

PS
This is not a first question abt `unofficial patch`. Think, this patch should be included into NTA 1.8 full.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:13:22 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:37:58 PM »

The "Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942" Further Information and Downloads" thread. The main link and the mirror don't work and give an error. The files are gone from those locations.

Here are the links that don't work.

http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/mirror.php?op=list&cid=17&lid=49

http://steelfury.info/SF-ENG/Unofficial_patch_SF_v0%5B1%5D.1_eng.exe

And the Mega-upload and other share site don't have the file anymore either.

I have looked all over the net and the only link is I find is the main one which no longer works.

I am playing the demo now and the game looks like a lot of fun, but I think Unofficial patch will be a must, that and maybe a nice addon mod. :-)

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »

You can try this link it still works I just tried it myself before posting:

http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=17&lid=49
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 01:58:41 PM »

Nope I get a 403 error using the download links in the link you gave. I can see that link you gave, its the DOWNLOAD links that are corrupted with the 403 error etc.

I did finally get the patch from the NTA thread but the main link they gave still didn't work., but the 4Share link did work thankfully, but I think fixing the MAIN download link will help the most for new people like me.

Now I got to get the game, hopefully I can get the physical copy as the download version seems to be corrupted by the feedback left at amazon.com.

Meanwhile I need to learn the game from the Demo, there are A LOT of keys. But so far it feels like one is in a T34.

Does the NTA add a Tiger Tank? and is there an Online english manual for this game?

If you know anywhere else besides ebay for a physical version of the game on DVD/CD let me know. :-) This game looks like its worth keeping for a very long time!
woofiedog
Major

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 03:22:52 PM »

Have not seen a Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 DVD for a while on either Ebay or Amazon. You can purchase a download copy from Gamersgate.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SFURY/steel-fury-kharkov-1942
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 03:24:12 PM »

OK, all links are fixed (hope so), but I don't like that somebody has a questions as for patch installation  Embarrassed The patch of the 'unofficial status' is always has a problem! That should be changed and u just need d/l, unrar, use JSGME and that's all.
Well, may be we should shortened the procedure of the installation. Let's think abt it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:02:17 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »

@ FIREFLY; NTA  gives you:

4 models of Tiger I, 2 models of Tiger II, the Panzer IV H, the Jagdpanzer, Jagdpanther, Panther A, D and G models,  Stug IIIG , the Jagdtiger, the Marder II and III amongst others and 2 model sof the JS-2, the KV1 S and e, the KV-85, the T-44, BT7, the T34/85 1944 model, the Su 76, 85, 100, 152a, ISU122, Sherman 76mm, Pershing, Jackson, Churchill MkIII amongst others....
Atlantis_Risen
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 12:41:36 AM »

I was in your boat a couple of weeks ago...I found these two threads very helpful.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10944.0
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11026.0

These are basically two different options, I have two installations of SF on my PC, one using SPM 2.0 and one using NTA 1.8...Link #1 for the unofficial mod doesn't work, but link #2 does.  You may need to create a 4shared account though.
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 02:08:37 AM »

Thanks guys,

Yes I had to make an account with 4share, but its worth it because it has all the Missions etc. located there.

I am a little worried later about loading the mod and missions etc. And this weird program I must need to do it? Too bad it wasn't just as easy as having a mod folder and that is it. lol

NTA sounds like what I am looking for, To fight in the Sherman, Tiger etc. is great. Right now I have the demo to keep me company to learn the ropes so to speak.

Is there an online PDF manual for this game in English?

I am hoping to get a physical copy if I can, if I can I will try that download link. My problem is worrying about a corrupted download and the fact I only have so much bandwidth to work with. What size in the download 1gb?

Is there also a readme on the NTA mod of what it does? I noticed that was missing from the main thread.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 06:22:25 AM »

The full installation gives you a manual in pdf form.

Are you sure there's no read me in the thread about the NTA?Read the first page of the thread:

Here's a new version of SPM (NTA) 1.8. (New Tanks Addon)
This MOD was specially designed for the Mission Pack 1.1, Mission Pack 2.1 and Mission Pack 3.x (game eng version). Mostly this MOD contains a fixes and new stuff for the missions. For the more details see `readme`.

The NTA 1.8 is 3.25gbs. As for the size of the whole game with either NTA or SPM 2.0 it's up to 10gbs depending on how many maps you have....

Re the physical copies don't bank on it. The distributors/publishers either went bankrupt or stopped distributing the game 3 years ago.... It's unlikely you'll find any hard copy unless it's pirated....
Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 01:36:26 PM »

I am hoping to get a physical copy if I can, if I can I will try that download link. My problem is worrying about a corrupted download and the fact I only have so much bandwidth to work with. What size in the download 1gb?

No worries to be had, the download tool will keep track of the progress (data packets) in case of disconnect and if it is corrupt you can re-download at no cost, no worries, we're not downloading direct installs from BBS's like years ago. Size about 2.1+gb

If you like tanks inside of your computer it's well worth your bandwidth, time or what ever.
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 01:21:31 AM »

I am sure the Hard copy didn't require steam, does the download version require steam now?

I use Steam, but I hate it, I feel like one doesn't own their game. lol
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 05:45:05 AM »

No Steam required!

Why do you hate Steam?I personally love it! Beats Ubiplay or Origin any day!Unfortunately digitals downloads are the way of the future.The days when we owned our games on discs/dvds etc are gone.Internet piracy and publishers' greed both killed that!
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 06:45:20 AM »

I had my steam account stolen, and was unable to get help from Valve to get it back. I lost about $400 worth of games I had, alot of which I have never bothered to replace now.

Also what happens if Steam goes under? I am not saying that is likely right now, but it has happened before. People would lose their ability to play their own games that the bought. Also if one loses their internet connection you lose your game access after a month.

Basically Steam owns your game, we only rent from them. Not to mention the patch crisis which seems to force a player to update all the time like they have unlimited bandwidth.

There are many other reasons but thats for another thread.

Good news its not a steam game.

Should one get a joystick of this game or is the mouse ok?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 10:02:49 AM »

I see your point with Steam and you are right with all these onlines gaming outfits we are at the mercy of the internet and having virtual ownership of games rather than the physical one.That's why i get a lot of my games from Gog.com which allows you to download and physically copy the game folders into your computer so you can own and play the game physically without having to use any third party provider....

Re the joysticks apparently it's better to use the mouse pad or an external mouse.The joysticks can create problems with SF at times....
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 05:33:09 PM »

Can you tell us how your steam account was stolen?

Bring back 3D markers!
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 01:39:08 AM »

I use GOG.com also. :-)

It was simple I went to go  into my account a couple years ago and my password no longer worked. I tried everything and looked all over to find help from Steam and got no reply or found no link. After a while of this I just wrote the games off, about 10 or so games.

I had to make a new account later when I got a Steam game which I really didn't want to do but had no choice as I didn't know it was steam game. Since then I haven't had a stolen problem with the new account. But I have had issues with Steam connectivity and update issues. Plus being forced to wait to play my own game because of some 7gb patch which basically made the game and online download game and my DVD was useless. Good example of this is Red Orchestra 2 which looked like it could be fun. I still haven't played that game I paid for because of it needs to be downloaded all the data on the disc is useless.

If we had the choice of not to update that would be great but steam doesn't allow you that option on most of the games. I knew steam was going to be a problem when they first released it with HL2. Pirating isn't that bad for businesses or little companies wouldn't be able to release their non steam versions. Its more about control and monopoly, which is kinda funny since HF was about a government secret complex and control. You would think a company that was so outspoken about freedom wouldn't make steam, which shows you they sold out to big gaming.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 03:42:25 AM »

What I meant was do you have any inkling how the hacker got into your account?  Was your pw compromised?

Bring back 3D markers!
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 08:53:54 AM »

I have no idea. I don't share my information with anyone. I know there have been cases on Steam of groups of people losing their accounts. I think Steam isnt as secure as people think, heck if your BANKS can be hacked I am sure Steams Server can be too.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: