Graviteam
May 10, 2024, 06:58:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Diary of a Campaign Maker (or How Hard Can It Be?)  (Read 102147 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »

Add a couple of SU-85 they are effective against German armour.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »

SU-152 will be much better! Place it at the balance 10 Cheesy

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »

The Su-152 can only be efefctive if well concealed otherwise they'll be a snack for the Tigers.I am sure the gunners of these things must fall asleep between reloads..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 07:27:47 PM »

The Su-152 can only be efefctive if well concealed otherwise they'll be a snack for the Tigers.
Come on Smiley
Good 152mm shell will be a VERY appreciated by any Tigers Wink

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »

hehe. Just 12 T-34's?! Double it and we'll call it a fair fight.  Grin German Armor <3

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »

And now we've a bit of environment Smiley Thanks Donken for the new models!
But the question is - how to put these crosses in the game?
I don't want to put them as a tanks Cheesy

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »

Have you tried to follow Kyths tutorial when he put in the new buildings?

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9671.0

The real heroes are those that never came back.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2012, 01:40:58 PM »

Have you tried to follow Kyths tutorial when he put in the new buildings?
No, coz it's not a building neither tank Smiley
I followed by this instruction:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=60.0
Short manual, Objects in Steel Fury:
I'll make cross as a fence type, i.e. as a bench.

PS
Finally, Winter_Mod_beta_III released!
Authors: Stone2009, Maleshkin
http://narod.ru/disk/43262098001.fb8794ac676be626312a10fc768d028b/Winter_Mod_beta_III.rar.html

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:41:29 PM by lockie » Logged

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »

hehe. Just 12 T-34's?! Double it and we'll call it a fair fight.  Grin German Armor <3
In Ultimate Update there's a mission, called "West of Kharkov", where 3 Tigers and 6 PaK 40 (with infantry support) hold the line against less than 10 T-34-76/T-70 and about 4 SU-152. But Soviet forces are advancing on a wide front so you may not be able to hold them alone in your tank. And if they break through German defences and advance further - it's game over.  Tongue As it was in reality, it's a matter of  evading Tiger's fire and pushing forward rather than trying to fight it head to head.  Grin
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »

In Ultimate Update there's a mission, called "West of Kharkov", where 3 Tigers and 6 PaK 40 (with infantry support) hold the line against less than 10 T-34-76/T-70 and about 4 SU-152. But Soviet forces are advancing on a wide front so you may not be able to hold them alone in your tank. And if they break through German defences and advance further - it's game over.  Tongue As it was in reality, it's a matter of  evading Tiger's fire and pushing forward rather than trying to fight it head to head.  Grin

I tried this one! I managed to beat it by occupying an ambush position on the hill behind the German village that marks the last stand for the mission. Cheesy

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »

Finally, I've managed to put in the game a new objects Smiley

As it appeared - it's easy money to compare vs buildings and tanks putting in Wink

Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2012, 03:16:55 AM »

Finally, I've managed to put in the game a new objects Smiley

As it appeared - it's easy money to compare vs buildings and tanks putting in Wink

Wow, so much new stuff for SFK42 lately!

SPM1.6 anybody?  Cheesy

Thanks Lockie! Now I have to place 120 new objects, unless they can be made in random rows...
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2012, 04:15:41 AM »

Wow, so much new stuff for SFK42 lately!

Yes, lately some kind folks have been thrashing around in a (helpful) frenzy,  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2012, 08:28:54 AM »

Here's a simple mod with a new objects(cross/stone), just for testing purposes only:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/zGkUwgut/Cros_stone.html

Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2012, 11:01:22 AM »

OK, so I have played around with trying out my mission with four Tigers, two 5cm Paks and a small number of infantry against nine T34s, three SU122s and a horde of infantry. As most of you predicted, when I control one Tiger, the Germans prevent the Soviet armour from reaching the west bank of the river. However, dealing with the Soviet armour allows the Soviet infantry to reach the cemetery largely unscathed. From there they race on foot for the village, and I can only just find enough bullets to stop them before they reach it.

Now I think I understand the Chance of Occurrence, I edited the four Tigers from one Tiger (player) + three Tigers, into four single Tigers each with their own contour. So if I change their chance of occurrence, sometimes there will just be me, sometimes there will be two, three or four Tigers, yes?

Now to scripting. I saw in one of Lockie’s missions a condition of a ‘German failure’, is that it plays battle music. I had a moment of inspiration. Remember ‘Saving Private Ryan’ where they play Edith Piaf while waiting for the action?

Wouldn’t it be great if while the Tigers wait in hull defilade at the start of the mission, they are listening to ‘Lili Marlene’, until one soldier yells out ‘Achtung Panzer!’ and the music stops?  I found an MP3 of a scratchy recording on the internet, but when I found the game folder of music files, I was disappointed that they are in .ogg format. BUT! One of the ogg files is called Marlene Dietrich. Is it possible its Lili Marlene? Can I script it this way?

How hard can it be?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:06:25 AM by Estnische » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »

One of the ogg files is called Marlene Dietrich. Is it possible its Lili Marlene?

No, it's not,

By the way, you can play them with Windows Media Player.

Why not get an audio converter program to change your mp3 to ogg format?

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2012, 05:01:07 PM »

they are listening to ‘Lili Marlene’, until one soldier yells out ‘Achtung Panzer!’ and the music stops? 
It's possible, if u gimme a sample and I'll convert it into *.ogg format.
Though, music interesting at first time, then it become annoying, imho.

Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2012, 06:49:57 AM »

Lockie, 60 seconds of 'Marlene' has been sent  8)

So - I set the three single Tigers with a 50% chance of appearing, and it worked. Twice I have played the mission, once I was by myself, the other time I had two for company.

Next, I had a look at some missions by Lockie and figured out some scripting. For this first mission of the four, it will be a Soviet victory if any units make it to the village. So, I created a contour in the village, and gave it Triggers of ‘country in the contour’ and ‘unsuccessful termination’, the country being selected as the Soviets.

That part of it worked. I sat back at a safe distance and watched the Soviets advance to the village and I got a mission 'Failed' message.

Now, what do I have to do to set up the German victory?  I want to set it so that the Soviets have abandoned their crossing of the river. It is not necessary that at the Soviets are dead. Should I make a huge contour of the German side of the river and say, ‘no Soviets inside the contour’ and ‘after 15 min’? Or is that too clumsy?  Any suggestions?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2012, 08:36:32 AM »

Now, what do I have to do to set up the German victory?  I want to set it so that the Soviets have abandoned their crossing of the river. It is not necessary that at the Soviets are dead. Should I make a huge contour of the German side of the river and say, ‘no Soviets inside the contour’ and ‘after 15 min’? Or is that too clumsy?  Any suggestions?

You could set up a bunch of 'Efficiency (effectiveness, actually) of Division has Decreased' triggers and combine them together in a Logic Trigger.

For added realism, you could script the Soviet units to high-tail it out of there when the trigger goes off; the AI isn't very smart about that,

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2012, 09:20:53 AM »

Have you considered musical accompaniment while the battle is raging?
It's seldom (never) been discussed in the threads. But it's a great way to set the mood for the action - nail-biting suspense, the thrill of impending victory, the agony of defeat.  Grin

"Yes."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: